A Weekend You Do Not Want to Miss
April 1, 2016
Cindy Satterwhite Jarboe ’77
The first W&M Weekend will be held in Washington, D.C., on June 2-5, 2016, with Jane ’85 and the Honorable Michael Powell ’85, D.P.S. ’02 serving as honorary co-chairs. The four-day event will celebrate the best of William & Mary in our nation’s capital and offer exclusive access to iconic D.C. venues. While Homecoming, reunions and Charter Day are times to reconnect and reminisce on campus, W&M Weekend will allow us to bring the best of alma mater to you.
The newly renovated Watergate Hotel will serve as home base for the W&M Weekend in Washington that includes:
• Raft Debate Tournament of Champions, following a
• W&M Weekend Reception featuring a conversation with the Honorable James B. Comey, Jr. ’82, LL.D. ’08
• Panel discussion of leaders in public service
• Keynote luncheon
• The annual W&M Alumni Association Auction, with exciting vacation destinations and a signed guitar donated by one of your favorite alumni country-singing TV stars
• A day at Mount Vernon featuring a lecture, brunch and tours
In between these signature events will be exclusive cultural tours, lectures and programs at D.C. landmarks such as the National Cathedral, the Library of Congress, the Supreme Court, the National Archives, Hillwood Estate and more. In addition, networking receptions and social events will be held throughout the weekend for members of the Young Guarde, affinity groups and incoming students.
We have limited space so register early. For more information and to RSVP, visit wmweekend.com.