The Brafferton, constructed in 1723, is the second-oldest building at William & Mary. Historically, it was home to the Indian School. In 2011-2013, the university undertook an extensive conservation and renewal project with the help of generous donors. Today, the Brafferton houses the offices of the president and provost of the university. W&M will commemorate the building’s tercentennial in 2023.